Welcome to the Website of
Service Unit 643
Serving N Columbia to Fairfield County
Home to Troops
121, 131, 168, 175, 450, 517, 547, 690, 761, 827, 923, 1134, 1136, 1158, 1169, 1179, 1200, 1210, 1214, 1232, 1291, 1330, 1348, 1454, 1482, 1600, 1610, 1611, 2225, 2249, 2257, 2364, 2377, 88643
Please read ALL the way to the bottom or you might miss something! *~
Fall Service Unit Events
A small group of Service Unit leaders met and decided to postpone the “Soaring with Girl Scouts” STEM event originally planned for November 8th until the winter. Jean Masdonati, who is the lead on this event, will be contacting Owens Field and other large venues about possibly hosting the event. She will bring information to the November meeting and there will be time for anyone who is interested in helping with the event (to be held in March), to meet with Jean and work on planning during the service unit meeting.
Fall Opportunities: While there will not be a November 8th event, these events will be open to all of our girls.
· FLASH TRICK-OR-TRUNK Lasonya Wise has agreed to help coordinate a brief Girl Scouts themed trick-or-trunk in the rear parking lot of our office for interested troops. Participating troops will create a Girl Scouts themed automobile trunk to display. Girl Scouts and family will visit each trunk. The “trick-or-trunking” will only last from 5:30PM – 7:00PMto allow time for participants to visit other community events/go door-to-door in their neighborhoods.
· November 15th Women in Action Panel : Girl Scouts from Bible Way Church of Atlas Rd. (Troop 96) will host a Career panel for all girl scouts. Our troop, Troop 96, is sponsoring an event called "Women in Action" on Saturday, November 22 from 12:00 to 2:00 pm. It's theme is "If you can Dream It, You can Be It". The event will consist of a panel of professional women from various jobs. Doctors, firefighters, lawyers, House of representatives, coaches, Entrepreneurs, and all kinds of women from all walks of life. They will speak to our girls, girls from other troops, and girls from the community, concerning how they got started in their profession.
· Christmas Carillion Parade: The 61st Christmas Carillon sponsored by the City of Columbia will be held Saturday December 6th. LaSonya Wise has Twanda Wilson and Shequinta Hinson have agreed to help coordinate troop participation.
November Service Unit Meeting – The November Service Unit Meeting will be held Tuesday, November 10th at 6:30 PM. Our last meeting was so well attended, we have to find a new location! The location will be announced within the next two weeks.
- Cookie Sales/ Cookie Rally Information: LaSonya wise has agreed to share information about cookie sales and the cookie rally being hosted in January by one of our troops who is working toward an award.
- Spring Events : We will discuss 4 events for the spring and allot 30 minutes of meeting time for interested parties to begin planning and to group goals and subsequent meeting dates. Those events are: World Thinking Day (February), Girl Scouts STEM event (March), and the Father/ Daughter Dance (May)
- Council Updates: Updates will be provided about programs/information from the Council.